Wellness Visit for A Healthy Lifestyle
Book An Appointment!
The most effective treatment for many common conditions is preventing the disease from occurring in the first place, which can often be achieved through early detection. Dr. Aldo Arpaia and Dr. Bart Savino believe comprehensive exams and wellness visits play an active role in maintaining your overall health.
What is a Comprehensive health exam and wellness visit?
Routine comprehensive health exams and wellness visits are aimed to detect any changes or abnormalities in the body, as well as to monitor growth and development. Wellness visits are recommended for adults who may be at risk of developing certain conditions, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, heart disease, vision problems, cancers and more. It is the common form of preventive medicine involving regular visits to general physicians. It is also known in various names such as comprehensive physical exams, general medical examination, preventive health examination and general health check.
What services you will get from comprehensive health exams and wellness visits?
The team at Island Medical Consultants tailored all screenings and consultations to meet your individual needs. The wellness visits include following services which can be customized according to each individual needs:
1. A comprehensive and detailed medical history.
2. Physical examination will be done by specialists to evaluate overall physical health.
3. Comprehensive laboratory and screening tests will also conducted, which includes:
· Complete blood count test.
· Cholesterol, lipid profile and coronary risk test
· Complete urinary analysis test and blood chemistry
· Prostate specific antigen (PSA) test for men
· Pelvic examination for women
· Tests to check iron levels, vitamin D and vitamin B12
· Colon cancer screening test
4. Complete heart (cardiovascular) evaluation for different heart problems. It includes resting electrocardiogram (EKG), Cardiac stress test, Minimal invasive screening and Coronary arteries test.
5. Visual health assessment includes Eye examination and Glaucoma testing.
6. Auditory health assessment includes hearing test for hearing preservation.
7. Pulmonary health assessment to detect all airway problems. It includes Spirometry and Chest X-ray.
8. Test for bone fractures.
10. Fitness, weight and stress evaluation includes nutrition and diet counseling, fitness consultation and mental health counseling to manage stress.
What are the benefits of comprehensive exams & wellness visits with Staten Island Consultants?
· Personal care & attention
· High quality care & quick lab results
· Shorter wait time
Why Choose Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino for your routine wellness visit?
Board certified physicians Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino offer comprehensive physical exams and long term care to their hundreds of patients according to their individual needs. Working together with our board certified physicians, we can help you maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
Contact for more information about our Comprehensive Exams and Wellness Visits
What you can expect on the day of the Wellness Visit?
The team at Island Medical Consultants will provide you a set of instructions before your appointment. The instructions will depend on the type of screening/testing needed.
Book an appointment to schedule a wellness exam with one of our award winning Internal Medicine Physicians by calling (718)-727-1898 or fill out contact form