Management & Prevention
Book An Appointment!
Are you or a loved one suffering from any heart disease? Are you feeling any disturbance with your heart? If so then you should set up a consultation before the problem gets more serious and evolves into a cardiovascular disease. And stop worrying…you have visited the right place. Dr. Aldo Arpaia and Dr. Bart Savino at Island Medical Consultants will help through early detection of the cardiovascular disease through in-depth consultations and comprehensive screening exams.
What benefits you will get from our cardiovascular disease management services?
· Safe & effective screening exams by experienced professionals
· Early detection to help prevent serious heart conditions
Why Choose Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino to avail cardiovascular disease management services?
At Island Medical Consultants, we provide comprehensive cardiovascular screening exams performed by American Board of Internal Medicine Certified physicians with over 30 years of combined experience. Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino are committed to the health and well-being of each and every patient. They provide valuable screening services for those at risk for serious heart conditions.
Contact our specialists for our comprehensive screening services available in our office. We can help you to take the first step to prevention!
Is there any difference between heart disease and cardiovascular disease?
Yes, there is difference between heart disease and cardiovascular disease. Heart disease refers to those conditions that only affect your heart. Cardiovascular disease (CVD) includes all those diseases that affect your heart and circulatory system. They both include coronary heart disease, heart attack, angina, stroke and congenital heart defects and heart rhythm problems.
What are the risk factors that can develop serious cardiovascular diseases to me?
Symptoms of heart disease can suddenly occur to you with no warning but the screening exams will detect these conditions especially if you have certain risk factors to develop these conditions. The causes of cardiovascular disease vary from every type. Common cardiovascular disease risk factors are as follows:
· Family history of heart disease
· Diet having high levels of sugar, salt, fat & cholesterol
· High blood pressure
· High cholesterol level
· Physical inactivity
· Poor hygiene
What are the screening exams and tests that we performed to detect cardiovascular diseases?
Regardless of the type of heart disease of which you are suffering from, the doctor will perform a screening or physical exam. Blood test and chest X-ray are also done. Some other tests to diagnose the CVD include:
· Echocardiogram involves an ultrasound of your chest.
· This shows images in detail of the structure and function of your heart.
· We will perform this non-invasive procedure safely and effectively with no risks. All results are reviewed by our Board Certified Cardiologists and Vascular Surgeons to ensure the highest quality.
· An electrocardiogram or ECG is a test that measures the electrical activity of your heart.
· It detects abnormalities with your heart’s rhythm.
· Abdominal ultrasound is often used to screen for and detect signs of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
· Ultrasound is a non-invasive, painless procedure that can help screen for this serious condition if you are over the age of 60 or has a family history of AAA.
Our skilled and certified professionals and technicians perform all tests according to national standardized protocols.