Smoking Cessation and Counseling
Book An Appointment!
Though it may be common knowledge that smoking seriously damages health on many levels, for those who smoke it usually isn’t a question of whether or not they should quit smoking but mostly how to stop. It is quite difficult to quit this addiction especially without a plan. So, if you’re ready to quit the habit, it’s great! Take the help from Dr. Aldo Arpaia and Dr. Bart Savino at Island Medical Consultants. Our Smoking cessation and counseling program will give you result-oriented plan.
What benefits will I get from Smoking Cessation and Counseling at Island Medical Consultants?
· Customized strategy and management plan tailored to your specific conditions
· Personalized environment for your counseling
· Reduces the risk of your death from heart and lung diseases
Why Choose Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino for Smoking Cessation and Counseling program?
Dr. Arpaia and Dr. Savino are Board Certified Physicians who have extensive experience in treating smoking. They are running the best smoking cessation and counseling program at Island Medical Consultants. The team of professional specialists develops a customized strategy plan for you. The team of counselors is committed to help you to successfully quit smoking.
If you have decided to take the first step to quit smoking, contact and see our specialists for smoking cessation services and counseling.
What is the meaning of smoking cessation?
Smoking cessation or quitting smoking is simply the process of discontinuing tobacco smoking.
What are the adverse effects of smoking on my health?
You can develop some of the severe health problems due to smoking such as:
· Heart diseases
· Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
· Lung cancer
· Cancers of throat, mouth, esophagus, kidney, bladder & blood cancer
· Circulatory problems
· Rheumatoid arthritis
· Premature aging
· Gum disease & tooth loss
· Smoking can also worsen the symptoms of asthma, TB, diabetes
Why should I stop smoking? What are the benefits I will get if I quit smoking?
Quit smoking counseling can make a big difference in your health and lifestyle. You should stop smoking because it:
· Reduces the risk of heart diseases and lung cancer
· Stops premature aging
· Improves your lungs health
· Reduces your stress
· Improves the sense of your taste and smell
· Gives you strong defense against cold, flu, headaches
· Improves the lives and health of people living with you
· Improves your financial conditions
Can I quit smoking on my own?
Yes, you can quit smoking on your own but it will not give you successful results because you didn’t take any assistance. Remember, the proper behavioral counseling, assistance and use of medications as prescribed by doctor will give you successful results.
· The first step is to map out quit smoking action plan with the support of your family members, friends, our doctors and counselors and support group. We will work with you to create a plan.
· Our counselors will work with you to find out ways not to smoke. Together we will find the triggers and make ways to avoid them.
· Use the medications as prescribed by the doctor.
· You can also likely to stop smoking if you use nicotine replacement therapy. But make sure to use it with the recommendation of our specialists.
We will tailor your customized smoking cessation treatment plan that will give you the finest results.
Book an appointment to see one of our award winning Internal medicine doctors by calling (718)-727-1898 or fill out contact form